Over these past couple weeks, you may have seen celebrities posting about their healthier life choices as part of the 5th anniversary of the First Lady’s Let’s Move campaign, #GimmeFive. Remember when I told you the world is Michelle Obama’s oyster… er… stage…well this is just another example. Encouraging the world to pass out high fives for everyone who makes healthier choices…kinda like that V8 commercial, no?
That girl who ordered a salad instead of crab mac n’ cheese? #GimmeFive
That girl who ran 4 miles after partying all night? #GimmeFive
That girl who took the stairs instead of the elevator? Ya, you too. #GimmeFive
Working in an office where you are sitting all day, it’s hard to remain active and the effects on your body are dire from cellulite (the worst!!!), hurting your posture and bones and basically taking years off of your life. But there are sneaky ways to make your body work more for you throughout the day:
- Starting with squats while brushing your teeth. On a good day I can get in at least 20 in a groggy morning minute
- Calf raises while curling your hair… feel the burn… and pray not your hair….
- Set an alarm to stand up every 45 minutes – and then actually do it. My Fitbit is perfection for this!!
- Keep three glasses on your desk. As you drink a full glass of water, remove it. This is the BEST way to keep track of how much water you drink. Especially for me because I can go a full day with no water.. which is horrid (she says as she drinks more water!)
- Go for a midday walk. I love my walks… they rejuvenate me… No matter how busy the day can get, just the fresh air makes me ten times more productive and focused than coffee ever would
You only have one body, one life… be the best that you can be… all day, every day. No matter what.
#GimmeFive and then do 5 more,