BATP turns 3 today! Thats about 2 years and 50 weeks longer than I thought this would ever last! Together we have seen so much, done so much, met some amazing people, collaborated with some great brands and crafted some of best posts to date. Is my bias showing yet? For all the BATPers who have stuck around for the ride and visited me in my little corner of the internet, you have read my dreams and wishes and I’m only that much more excited for the future!
Thank you for joining me we continue to explore this beautiful world, with a side of career and a dash of coffee… because lets be real how else could we function? I would have never guessed I would be a real blogger with, um, you know, real people reading what I have to say. But I love every last minute of it, and I have y’all to thank for that!
To celebrate, let’s indulge in some chocolate cherry cupcakes and look back at the top ten best moments of time on BATP
9) The first time I ever received coverage for being a blogger on Gutsy Glossie! This was the win for the PR Girl in me.
8) I’ve attended some amazing events like Mercedes Benz Fashion Show in Houston and sat on panels reppin’ BATP in these past three years. The invitation aside, the press pass awes me, every.single.time.
7) When I was inducted into Houston Fashion Bloggers and also became a #BirchBlogger for Birchbox. These were definite win-win moments.
6) I’ve been able to partner with some of my favorite beauty brands and favorite celebrities – yes, I’m talking about Harry Styles. Because if you would have told me 2 years ago that I would be working with One Direction or the many others, I would have laughed. Out loud. But here we are as I continue to surprise myself. And even more exciting was the first time one of these beauty brands tweeted me back!! I almost died of excitement!
— Bond No. 9 Fragrance (@Bond_no9) April 24, 2013
5) I have made some amazing friends through blogging. Some I’ve met, some I haven’t, but I feel like I know them so well! Maybe some day…
4) Learning to use different tools and create my own images, refining my creative skill set that’s supported the growth of BATP. From making my own logos to designing everything on this blog. Something I’ve taken pride in throughout the years… Especially as I’ve gotten better. Like seriously, let’s not revisit my first post ever.
3) One of my favorite creative projects for BATP was embarking and successfully completing the 100 happy days challenge last year. It’s always the little things and accomplishing this made me feel like I could do anything. It was hope for BATP’s future.
2) And now the most exciting thing to happen to BATP! There comes a time when the blog needs to evolve with and grow with me. Basically a facelift is in order. I’m so happy to share that there will be some amazing changes in the year ahead that I’ll tease out slowly but there’s a time and place for everything.. and when there’s not, there’s always champagne.
1) Lastly and by faaaar the most amazing thing that’s happened to me over the last three years is that I got to interact and meet with so many of you! I got to hear about how my journeys have inspired or encouraged you, how they’ve made you pick up a shade you would have never guessed or a style you just had to try, and how you turned to my blog when you needed a good read or some advice about the PR world.
It’s gratifying but also humbling to know that so many thousands of people enjoy my world and little ideas – and every time I hear it, it makes my day all over again. Seriously, the feedback and compliments never get old – so please comment on this post or any of the others and let me hear from you – what you’ve tried, how you found the blog, how long you’ve been reading, anything and everything you want to tell me! Because I’m here only for you!
Happy Birthday to all my darling BATPers,