The thing about Monday mornings is that I always feel as if I am poised at the starting line of an Olympic marathon, the gun goes off, and I sprint till Friday with social jet lag all week. Then the weekend comes and I am a free lady once again – sleep in, eat everything and what’s this working out nonsense unless you mean walking in heels and dancing the night away. Am I right? Work hard, play hard at it’s finest.
The gap between the weekend and weekday mind-set is M.A.S.S.I.V.E and bridging that gap seems impossible. Who doesn’t want Saturday every single day!?
Well it’s time to take control of our lives and that starts with reclaiming Mondays. Here’s my new mindset:
- Have You Time. Every Week. Without Fail. Sometimes that means I’m eating ice cream and shamelessly watching The Bachelor. Other times it means I’m treating myself to a manicure or reading a book all afternoon. Sounds pretty obvious and fair enough.
- Stay active! After work doesn’t mean be lazy and go to sofa town with a pit stop somewhere in the kitchen and then sleep. Ya. I got bored just typing that. BUT WHY I AM SO GUILTY OF THIS. So here’s to finding something to keep my sanity. I can’t function, emotionally, without my weekly dose of pilates. It helps me regain myself…
- Find a creative outlet. DIY projects works, or if you’re like me, writing your heart’s content. Just sit down and devote ten minutes to it daily (ambitious as always)… you’ll find your week is a lot easier when you let get those creative juices flowing.
- Wednes-date. Self-explanatory. Let’s take the pressure off of Saturdays, shall we?
- LAUGH! Find things that make you laugh and keep doing it all week long. This is the remedy to life.
- Find a little bit of time for your soul. Some good ol’ prayers will find you peace. I sound like my mom more and more every day…
It’s always a marathon. But like any race, it needs training and small changes will make your weeks better for the rest of your days.