Well its official the world as we know it has stopped moving… Or at least the government has. As we go into Day 2 of the Government Shutdown there needs to be some clarification: Yes, Obama is still our president and yes winery permits are ceased. Why couldn’t they just take wine coolers instead?
And while some 800,000 Americans are currently unemployed, PR girls have their hands full as we are (or should be)
- Monitoring the news especially those pesky politicians who are speaking to big media dogs basing their premises solely off of emotions. Let’s get some facts and focus on the issue.
- Raising awareness for Obamacare, after all it’s the underlying cause of the shutdown and many Americans have heard of this so called “Obamacare” but don’t really know what it entails. Knowledge is what we need.
- Rallying brands to support our national parks, zoos, museums and, hello, NASA who need support during this turbulent time (Crisis!! They can’t even use twitter!!! And ugh, San Fran’s Panda Cam is turned off! How will we ever know if the Pandas are ok? I <3 Pandas)
- Building brand credibility for all the people hit hard by the shutdown (not getting paid when you have a job is a rough problem), businesses can support our fellow citizens by providing free cups of coffee or food (Cue Starbucks). This act of kindness can appeal to the human emotions and create a good memory which can last a life time.
- Getting involved. I couldn’t imagine a better time for the travel industry to have spectacular deals on going abroad to other countries as our government figures their s*** out as tourists get turned away with so many parks and museums being shut down…Provided you can still get your visa, why not go to Pari?
The clock is ticking…