Though the worst is completely gone, and quite questionable if there was even a Hurricane in the non-flooded, non-windy, non-puddley MiMa, millions are still without power in precious NYC and with the transit system completely down, there’s only so far my two little feet can carry me in the cold drizzle. Staying indoors and working from home is challenging and after a couple of hours can feel drowning as you stay cooped up in your tiny NY hole that people call “apartments.” Here are a couple things to make stranded during Sandy more time efficient, especially for dear New Yorkers who find it so troubling to be disconnected from social life:
- Much needed GlamourME time including that over due manicure, pedicure, facial, and white strips.
- The perfect time to do some winter reorganizing and cleaning… bye bye strappy shoes, hello booties.
- So sure, shopping is totally out of the picture right now but online shopping is a great friend during boring of times especially after you clean out your closet and realize all the things you truely need to look like your outfit belongs on Pinterest
- Of course trapped during a Hurricane isn’t complete until someone throws a Hurricane Party… that someone who has power and heat. Count me in.
- And of course, stay safe and dry NY.
In the words of Mayor Bloomie, “NYers will get through this by standing together as we always do. We will get the city we love back on its feet.”