I have been avoiding the dentist for some time now. Mostly because he’s going to tell me, “Wow, you have more cavities and you need to remove your wisdom teeth. Should we schedule an appointment for right now?” Ya right buddy, keep your syringe and your mouth mirrors away from me. I’ll stick with home-remedies and brushing my teeth with listerine on a daily basis. Thanks! Plus it’s not my fault I have cavities… I blame New York City.
There’s a shop that sells chocolate, candy or ice cream in every avenue. And then there are those few sweet spots that offer something truly unusual… making me walk a couple extra blocks just to skip the aroma and temptation from stopping in a buying the entire store. From carts full of deliciousness to places of french delicacy, these are the best sweet-tooth spots unwrapped yet.
- Financier – Macaroons galore. Financier has the BEST pistachio macaroons I have ever tasted. And a tee bit melted makes it even that much better… but don’t worry about melting it, the blazing hot August sun in NYC will take care of that by the time you even get home.
- Baked by Melissa’s – One of the first places I ever tried in NY was the mini cupcakes from Baked by Melissa’s and it still ranks high above the rest. The cupcakes taste exactly like the food they represent except in a sweet baby nom size. Choco mint is the best but PBJ is the one that still leaves me completely surprised!
- Magnolia Bakery – A NYC must have, this posh-cupcake bakery is a one stop fattie land. The banana pudding is by far the best… even if you don’t like bananas or in a case of a dear friend, fear it, it’s still the best thing on the menu.
- Max Brenner – CHOCOLATE HEAVEN OF CHOCOLATE ANGELS EATING CHOCOLATE PIZZA. Yes indeed they have choco pizza.. and yes I encourage to eat EVERYTHING on the menu.
- Crumbs – If only I could, I truly would just eat cupcakes all day and all night. The milkshake cupcake..wait for it.. takes the cake.
NYC is like a sweet tooth heaven, filled with amazing desserts, such as cupcakes, cookies, ice cream, and even dessert bars with great photo opps to be added into my Pinterest collection! Fully ready to indulge myself, even at the expense of a few cavities…