In the world of New York PR, a great theory was introduced and used for generations to come… The Summer Friday.
What’s not to like about Summer Fridays? You get to get off of work early (and in my case get the entire day off) and get a head start to the weekend. A day of sun in New York City, outside enjoying the weather instead in your windowless cubical.
But more than just a day off to do all-things-fun NYC, its a day to slow down. Summer doesn’t last long enough, and it will be good for you and your work to achieve a bit of relaxation. A small treat from your PR agency and I plan to take full advantage as I plan out my Summer Friday:
- Catch up on sleep, fitness, TV and pleasure reading and pleasure blogging … all in one hour (MAX two) and then on to the fun stuff
- Shopping with no time limits and mani-pedi spa dates to spoil the fingers that type all day and the feet that walk too fast
- Central park bike rides – because for so long I have always wanted to do that!
- Rooftop happy hours, the ones that I could never go to that lasted from 2 pm – 5 pm.
- Attend Shakespeare in the Park because I have been wanting to go oh so badly and maybe even go to the summer series of GMA concerts in the early AM #backstreetboys
- Grub out and eat and eat and eat
- But most of all.. Just have a great day of doing absolutely nothing yet almost everything
Thank God it’s Summer Friday!!