This past weekend, every New Yorker fled town as tourists piled in… except me. I had a girls-cuzzies-besties weekend with my K-Mo sugar pies in NYC and though a vacay for them, it was more of staycay for me. Having 3.5 days of no work, relaxation, NY sunshine with amazing company left endless opportunities of things to do and see and say. We had to see it all, down from Central Park to every ounce of NYU.
Here are a couple things we did during our vacay that left endless jokes, great photo opps, and priceless memories
- Rooftop chillin: No weekend in NYC is complete without a travel to the 20-something or higher floor to get a good view of Empire State Building
- Broadway show: Or better yet…. off-Broadway. What better way to end the weekend with a relaxing 2 hour show that can make you laugh. Unless of course, you are that tired then let’s just hope you don’t fall asleep!
- Celeb stalking and asking for pics…whatttup Aziz Ansari, “this is my family. will you take a pic with us?”Of course the first celebrity I see in NYC is Indian. Why, of course.
- When I was younger, my cousins and I used to play hide and go seek and then the house shrinks as you start to poke out of your normal spots, no hiding spot would work or the good spots had become overused. This is when a more dangerous game came into our lives – freeze tag. Then you grow up and then you meet up in NYC at Central Park and have a rematch… along with tree hugging pics and tricks to sharpen our hunger game survival traits
- Shopping on Canal and Mulberry and after a day of being outside on your feet and eating everything your eyes can see, go to Sephora and touch up your hair and make up before the Tajki festival in Khane
The 22-hour days in this past weekend could not have been more perfect talking about dreams, love lives, future endeavors, and would you rathers – the best way to spend some time at home away from home ♥♥ Now if only I could get back to my normal sleeping schedule…