Twas the night before a big day, when all through the office
Everyone was prepping, yes, even the mouse
The papers were printed, edited and reprinted, updated and reprinted
Till 80 trees soon frittered away
And everything was set up till the clock hit 6 a.m. and the big day started right away
From my rendition of a holiday-that’s-25o days-6 hours- and 35 minutes-away poem, one could easily guess that tomorrow is a big day. Big days come in PR – big presentation, big event, big gets bigger and till it blows up big. In this case, and as in all, it’s always about making it blow up big.
I should have learned in college… or somewhere along the lines of taking my SATs… on how to prepare for the big day the night before. Yes, things might go wrong that you can’t control but you can control YOU. Here are my LMNOP’s to prepare yourself for the big day:
- Lot’s of sugar… for tomorrow. I have my chocolate bar and Gatorade ready in my bag for the moments I am running around and need to reboost the pep in my step.
- Mindlessly watch a TV show or two and use zero energy… conserve it all for tomorrow, because you’ll need it. (Side note: I do not encourage mindlessly cooking dinner. I may (or may not) speak from experience, but let’s just say things can get overheated and the fire alarm can go off and neighbors WILL complain.)
- Never forget to set your alarm (double check AM and PM..it happens to the best of us), look up directions and pick out your outfit the night before. The last thing you need on the morning of the big day is to find the barbarian stain on your blazer.
- Odorless yourself. Shower. Groom. Nails. Hair. The whole shabang. Don’t neglect it. Let’s just make this a rule of life, everyday, always. Big or small or nothing.
- Peels. That’s sleep, backwards. Get your full dosage of rest because nobody needs cranky and nobody likes her either.
Good luck on your big days! (Oh… you didn’t think I was talking about me did you? This whole blog is about me. How vain do you think I am? I could write a post about not me. Ok. It’s about me. Future me thanks present me for the luck! Good night!)