I finally made it back to NY after a poltergeist played tricks on me while I was packing like we were friends (my toothbrush. Really?), forgetting my “everyday pants” at home so having to “bust a U” and go back home (which I had to force my mom to do), and made it to the airport 30 minutes before my flight TOOK OFF (somehow managed to make it on the flight still with my bags).
But once I sat down on the flight and had a quick 5 minutes to reflect I realized I missed a few things about NY while I was away…
- Fine wine and dining. NY’s night life always keeps me entertained and quite fashionable
- The NY skyline… It’s nice to look up and see tall buildings and fancy architect. This city has some unique history… more than Texas at least.
- Working, though this seems hard to believe and it’s nice to get a break, I found myself waking up early and having nothing to do till my family woke up
- My clothes… I can’t take my entire wardrobe back with me (or else I’m sure I would…)
- How close everything is… It’s easy to find a place to eat or shop and it’s easy to get to places to eat and shop
Glad to be back and start work as an AAE tomorrow!